The United States’ 10 Worst Highway Bottlenecks
In November of 2015, the American Highway Users Alliance (AHUA) released a detailed study evaluating the severity of bottleneck locations throughout the country, and discussing methods for remedying congestion on the highways. In this study, the AHUA identified the top ten worst bottlenecks found throughout this country, contributing to significant traffic congestion, lost time, wasted fuel, and headaches for commercial drivers and other motorists on the highway.
What Is A Bottleneck?
A bottleneck is a portion of highway that cannot adequately accommodate the amount of traffic that travels on it. The Federal Highway Administration estimates that bottlenecks are responsible for 40% of traffic congestion, which is a far greater percentage than traffic accidents (25%), bad weather (15%), and roadwork (10%). Bottlenecks result in countless hours of lost time and money, and millions of gallons in wasted fuel.
A Ranking of the 10 Worst Bottlenecks in the USA
The ten worst bottlenecks include:
- I90 between Roosevelt Rd and N Nagle Ave located in Chicago, Illinois
- I405 between SR22 and 1605 located in Los Angeles, California
- I10 between Santa Fe Ave and Crenshaw Blvd located in Los Angeles, California
- I405 between Venice Blvd and Wilshire Blvd located in Los Angeles, California
- US101 between Franklin Ave and Glendale Blvd located in Los Angeles, California
- I110 between Exposition Blvd and Stadium Way located in Los Angeles, California
- US101 between Sepulveda Blvd and Laurel Canyon Blvd located in Los Angeles, California
- Lincoln Tunnel between 10th Ave and John F Kennedy Blvd located in New York, New York
- I95 between 1895 and Broadway located in New York, New York
- I35 between East Riverside Dr. and E Dean Keeton St located in Austin, Texas.
Through reconstruction and reengineering of major traffic bottlenecks, cities have seen reductions in traffic accidents, travel times, driving speeds, wasted fuel, and automotive emissions.
Whether you’re on the open road, or sitting in traffic, Match Factors guarantees same day cash advances of 95% or higher with no hidden fees.